Effective Date: Jan 1, 2021
This Policy describes how your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed by Healthy Halo Insurance Services, Inc. This Policy applies to information you provide through this website (the “site”) or through e-mail, regular mail, phone or fax.
Information We Collect From You
What We Collect and How We Share It
While on our site, you may register for an account and provide information that we will use to help you purchase a health insurance policy from an insurance provider, including the California Health Benefit Exchange. You can also choose to provide additional information if you would like to find out if you qualify for lower premiums or other benefits.
Account information: When you register for an account, you will provide us with your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. We may use your contact information to communicate with you to complete the health insurance process or to offer you additional Healthy Halo products or services in the future. If you do not want to hear from us about those additional offerings, you may contact us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information: In order to get pricing from insurance providers or to determine whether you qualify for discounts or other benefits, we may ask you for the following information about you and your family:
- Address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Certain health information
- Income and tax information
This information is considered personally identifiable information (PII). We will only collect the PII we need to help you purchase health insurance, and if you want us to, to determine your eligibility for discounts and other benefits. We will never use this information to discriminate against you.
We may share this information with insurance providers, including California Health Benefit Exchange (Covered California) to see if you are eligible for their products and how much they will cost. These companies must keep your information secure and private pursuant to their own privacy policies and state or federal law.
We may also share your personal information with our vendors to help us provide services to you. They can only use your information to help us serve you, and they must keep your information secure and private.
We also might be required to share your information by law, or with certain governmental agencies. If our business gets purchased or otherwise transferred, we may transfer your records to the new company. However, they must treat your PII with the same privacy and security that we do.
We will not share your PII with anyone else.<
Information We Collect Automatically
Cookies, Beacons, Analytics
Our site uses web analytics services from Google and other service providers. Web analytics service providers use “cookies” (text files placed on your computer), beacons and pixels to help us analyze how people use our site. Information about your use of our site, like the type of computer you use, the browser you use, the time of day when you used our site, your IP address or device ID will be transmitted to and stored by the service providers in the United States. These service providers use this information to evaluate your use of our site and to compile reports on website usage, and may provide other services relating to website activity and usage. The service providers may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
Do Not Track
Currently, our site does not respect Do Not Track requests from browsers.<
We maintain reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of PII, and to prevent unauthorized or inappropriate access, use and disclosure. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your personal information during transmission through our site.
The Healthy Halo workforce is informed of information security measures. Access to PII is limited to only personnel who need access to do their job. Confidential information is destroyed according to Healthy Halo’s records retention schedule.
You must keep confidential your user name, password, PIN, or any other identifier you use to gain access to the site. You agree to contact Healthy Halo immediately if you have reason to believe that someone has gained unauthorized access to your password, security question/answer or any other information you use to access to our site.
California privacy rights
We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
This site is not directed toward children under the age of 18.
Your Information Privacy Rights
You have several rights with respect to your personal information. If you would like to exercise any of the following rights, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- Choice: You should only provide us with personal information that you don’t mind us using to help you select a health insurance plan or to see about discounts and other benefits. If you have already provided us information that you do not want us to use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access: At any time, you can access your account online and the information you have provided. You may print a copy of the information from the site. If you are not able to access the information, please contact us at
- Correction: You can correct your information by logging into your account, as long as you have not submitted the information for review. If your information has already been submitted, but you need to make corrections, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Use Restrictions: You can ask us to not use your information in certain ways, or to not disclose your information to certain parties. We may not be able to say yes.
- Confidential Communications: You may ask us to contact you using an alternate address, e-mail, or telephone number by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot accommodate your request, we will write to you as soon as we can to explain why.
- You may request a copy of our policies and procedures that directly affect your information.
If you have questions about your personal information or our information practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.